News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

I'm an idiot - deleted the wrong thing!

Started by emg456, June 12, 2024, 09:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emg456

New user here wondering if there is a way back from this.

I've been testing different methodologies for recording my old albums. So I decided to re-record one a different way.
Set it all up to go. Work with an existing album. Record. Do I want to delete the existing recordings? Yes.

Recorded both sides. Good. Reckoned track splits will have to be looked at probably so do that. They seem way out so I work my way through them - there seem to be extra track splits. Oh-oh - they're all the wrong names! LOL!

So I've recorded the album I wanted to replace but I have chosen the wrong album to replace.

All the recordings and the edit .crd files are still in the recycle bin. Do I import them back into VS and then have to do all the track splits/ clean up again?

Or can I copy them back into the file structure and VS will recognise all the existing work?

It was only a matter of time... :)

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

It was only a matter of time, lol.

The track splits are gone, but you should be able to re-import the audio and click repair files.  Move them out of the recycle bin to a convenient place (but not your recordings folder) and 'link' to them.

emg456

Excellent thanks- I'll do that today.