News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

DSD recording with KORG DS-DAC-10R

Started by crypto9, August 05, 2024, 02:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crypto9

I am unable to record with the KORG DS-DAC-10R and Vinyl Studio

I have tried all of the DSD settings but I continue to get

Device does not support the selected DSD rate
Please select another setting from the input DSD dropdown

No matter what setting I try I get the  same error message

I am able to record just fine with the Audiogate software that comes with the KORG.
I have watched this video
Recording DSD with Vinyl Studio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r27L6nx9H8 
NOTE: I am missing the ASI0 control panel as shown in the video.  I have a Soundblaster XE-9 Sound card.

Indy33

Quote from: crypto9 on August 05, 2024, 02:58:14 AMNOTE: I am missing the ASI0 control panel as shown in the video.  I have a Soundblaster XE-9 Sound card.
I also have the same Korg model. I have not tried to record with VS, I have always used AudioGate. If you can't get the same settings as mine, then try disabling or removing the Soundlaster.

But I see where you have selected DSD512 DoP, the Korg will only go up to DSD128 and don't use DoP Below is what I see for settings When I select anything higher than DSD128 I get the same error message.

You cannot view this attachment.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

You need to use ASIO (select it in the Input Device dropdown).

If your Korg is not then offered as an option, you need to install their ASIO driver.

crypto9

Quote from: Indy33 on August 07, 2024, 06:03:25 PMI also have the same Korg model. I have not tried to record with VS, I have always used AudioGate. If you can't get the same settings as mine, then try disabling or removing the Soundlaster.

Thanks for the input.  Is there any reason you use Audiogate over Vinyl Studio?

crypto9

Quote from: Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft) on August 07, 2024, 07:12:45 PMYou need to use ASIO (select it in the Input Device dropdown).

If your Korg is not then offered as an option, you need to install their ASIO driver.

I was able to get the ASIO software installed.  Maybe selecting ASIO should  be in the documentation?
apologies if I missed that  in the documentation.

It's mentioned in the text in the yellow box in the Check Level dialog

Indy33

Quote from: crypto9 on August 11, 2024, 04:09:47 PMIs there any reason you use AudioGate over Vinyl Studio?
No particular reason other than I had the AudioGate a couple of weeks before VS. VS would probably be easier to use, but I've already got AudioGate figured out.

OK, but it's worth having 'one stop shopping' I'd have thought - no manual file management needed,

LtMandella

I lusted after a DAC-10R for the past few years but was too cheap to pay the going prices.

Now that they are a bit under $300 brand new, I sprung for one and am absolutely amazed at the sweet sound of DSD.  I wish I could use the built in phono preamp but my cartridge is relatively low output moving coil.

I downloaded a suite of KORG software which includes latest Windoze driver. The reason I mention this is that one of the additional programs is an automated firmware updater for the 10R and another is a recording program named "Audiogate Recording Studio".  I am using that program for archiving tapes and LPs and it works and sounds great. But very simplified, no editing of recordings at all.

Years ago I tried the cheap KORG DAC and had repeating BSOD events with Audiogate, so I gave up on it.
The 10R with recording studio has been perfect so far...

Eventually I will import the recordings into VinylStudio

LtMandella

OK.  Just to say, VinylStudio can record direct from this device if that is more convenient.  Use ASIO and it all 'just works'.

LtMandella