News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Cleanup Audio - filters are not applied

Started by dif, August 09, 2024, 02:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dif

I've had Vinyl Studio for years, but after just upgrading to version 14.1.1 I can no longer get Cleanup Audio equalisation to work. Several things just do nothing:

1) Asking it to apply the same filters to all sides of the record (drop down for Side 1 (or the whole thing)) - doesn't work. Corrections are only listed for one side, and you have to set them individually for each side in turn.

2) The filters never get applied to any of the sides anyway. I set a pre-amp gain of 14 in the filter window (to compensate for recording through a USB sound card that can't be adjusted). But this increase in gain is never applied. The button to toggle between original and corrected audio just shows two identical waveforms.

Reopening the Filter window shows that the setting for the pre-amp has been stored ok, but it doesn't do anything. Exporting the tracks shows uncorrected audio (very quiet, also checked by opening them in Audacity).

I don't recall this ever being an issue in older versions, they just worked. I can't see any way to tell the software to actually do the filtering. Am I missing a "Do Filtering" button somewhere to actually apply these filters? I can't see anything like that under the Cleanup Audio menu.

Indy33

Sounds like that's part of a known problem. The fix will be in the next update.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

I can't reproduce either problem, could you send us some screenshots?  We need to see:

- the cleanup audio window

- the 'Normalisation' dialog with the settings you used

- the results

Also, are you recording to DSD?  That might well be a factor, there are a few bugs in that area in 14.1.1

Please send the screenshots to:

p DOT sanders AT alpinesoft DOT co DOT uk

To take a screenshot (in Windows):

1.  Click on the window you wish to capture.

2.  Press Alt + Print Screen.

3.  In your email program, press Ctrl+V or select Paste from the Edit menu.

If you have a Mac and need advice, please just say.

Many thanks

dif

Thanks for the reply, I've sent the email.

Thanks.  Got it, and replied, but, essentially, the effects of normalisation are not reflected in the waveform display.

dif

Thanks - that's confusing, I was sure it used to show the change in the waveform. I'll try it again.

No, it never has done (and I believe the completion message says something to that effect)

Heh, actually it doesn't.  We'll add it, thank you.