News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Zooming At Cursor Position

Started by Indy33, August 23, 2024, 05:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indy33

Under the Options/Cursor Options and Playback Speed I have tried every combination.

I would like to zoom around the mouse pointer location. I thought this was possible when I first downloaded VS.

Rick

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Can you better describe what you mean by "zoom around the mouse pointer location" please?  Thanks.

Indy33

Where ever I place the mouse pointer, that's where VS is going to focus  and zoom in/out. Kinda like now where it zooms in where the waveform cursor is located. They do this in CAD programs a lot.

I can get where I want to go from one end to the other of the waveform in a split second. I just zoom out (roll mouse wheel) while I have moved the mouse to one end, then move my mouse to the other end and zoom in. My hand never has to find a key on the KB.

This YouTube video is pretty close to what I'm wanting. In the VS the difference is that you don't even have to hold down any Key. Go to 44seconds in the video, that's where it is the closest By the time you read this last sentence, I have already moved to where I want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cE5mIAT4y0

Sorry abut the underline everywhere, I only wanted the menu text underlined.

Rick

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

OK, thanks.  The best way to do this is probably:

1.  Place the cursor at the desired zoom point.

2.  Zoom in or out.

It sounds too easy, I feel I must be missing something.

Indy33

Quote from: Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft) on August 24, 2024, 12:41:26 PMIt sounds too easy, I feel I must be missing something.

Yes you got it, one can get around very fast this way